- President, The Ulzheimer Group, LLC
- Founder, www.CreditExpertWitness.com
- Contributor, SmartCredit.com
- Weekly Guest, The Willis Report, FOX Business Network
- Credit Contributor, Mint.com
- Contributor, National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- Contributor, CreditSesame.com
- Contributor, CreditCardInsider.com
- Former Credit Contributor, CNBC’s On The Money
- Editorial Advisory Board, Bottom Line Publications
- Former Advisory Board Member, Identity Theft 911
- Former Blogger, New York Times Credit Score blog
- Former Blogger, New York Times Identity Theft blog
- Credit Expert Witness – Admitted in both Federal and State courts as a credit expert and qualified by the court to testify in credit litigation
- Twice FCRA Certified by the Consumer Data Industry Association
John Ulzheimer is a nationally recognized expert on credit reporting, credit scoring and identity theft. He is the President of The Ulzheimer Group, the Credit Expert at CreditSesame.com and the credit blogger for Mint.com. Formerly of FICO, Equifax and Credit.com, John is the only recognized credit expert who actually comes from the credit industry. He has served as a credit expert witness in more than 145 cases and has been qualified to testify in both Federal and State court on the topic of consumer credit.
John has 22+ years of experience in the consumer credit industry including positions with Equifax Credit Information Services and Fair Isaac (inventors of the FICO® credit scoring system). He has authored the following educational materials including:
- You’re Nothing but a Number
- Common Mistakes Made by Ineffective Credit Expert Witnesses
- Top 10 Ways to Survive a Deposition
- The Smart Consumer’s Guide to Good Credit
John has been quoted and published over 1,000 times since 2005 on the topic of consumer credit and has appeared numerous times on CNBC, FOX, CNN, CBS Evening News and Oprah’s “Oprah and Friends” XM Satellite Radio show. He has contributed to CNBC’s “On The Money” and “The Millionaire Inside”, Freddie Mac’s “Know Your Score” campaign, Oprah’s “Debt Diet” series and The Suze Orman Show. He is also a frequent commentator on credit-related issues in various outlets including CNBC, Associated Press, USA TODAY, Los Angeles Times, New York Times, CNN.com, Washington Post, American Banker, Wall Street Journal, SmartMoney.com, MONEY Magazine, Bankrate.com, ABC News Radio, CBS MoneyWatch, and other regional business and consumer media.
Since 2006 John has been a regular guest lecturer at The Westminster Schools in Atlanta and the University of Georgia in Athens. He also volunteers his time to speak about consumer credit to the Georgia Consortium for Personal Financial Literacy and the Atlanta Union Mission. He has also taught courses at Emory University’s Center for Lifelong Learning and guest lectured at The Walker School, both in metro Atlanta.